Innovation and R&D
CSM offers advanced and qualified services to companies (trade associations and territorial stakeholders) in relation to strategic aspects for their competitiveness and acts as a mediator in the process of technology transfer between the production system and universities/research centres
CSM was founded in 1982 in Poggibonsi (Siena) with the aim of providing companies in the furniture sector with support in terms of research / innovation, promotion / internationalization and professional training.
C.S.M. it is administered by a council with representatives of both the public and private sectors, representatives of trade associations, municipalities, provinces, on the one hand, and industrial and artisan companies, on the other.
CSM works to promote the interiors and living environments sector and support companies in penetrating new international markets, implementing a series of activities that include:
- market intelligence activities (analysis of potentially interesting markets, trends’ analysis, research of potential partners, buyers, operators …),
- the organization of missions abroad, thematic workshops, b2b meetings and incoming of operators with visits to companies,
- the definition of market approach strategies for groups of non-competitors: participation in trade fairs, opening of representative office, showroom, temporary shops / Concept shops, joint ventures with local partners…
- identification of funding and support tools in the submission and management of internationalization projects
Since its foundation, CSM has made of INNOVATION one of its main objectives, developing a progressive ability to build strategies and projects for the interiors/living environments sector conceived in the region of Tuscany as a complex of production sectors going from furniture, accessories (home & contract), RVs’ interiors and shipyard interiors.
CSM offers advanced and qualified services to companies in relation to strategic aspects for their competitiveness and acts as a mediator in the process of technology transfer between the production system and universities/research centres.
Thanks to an extended network of skills structured and made up of regional and national research organizations – Universities of Florence, Pisa and Siena, S.Anna, CNR, INSTM Consortium, Milan Politecnico, Turin Politecnico, Sapienza Rome, … – CSM offers services on product, process and market innovation.
It carries out support activities for companies and the production area ranging from the identification of potential scenarios and innovation topics, to the definition of projects for innovation and R&D, from the creation of industrial and scientific partnerships to the identification of funding tools, from drafting of the project to coordination of technical-administrative activities.
The Training sector is a strategic area in the activities and functions that are carried out by the CSM both to support and enhance the wealth of entrepreneurial, managerial, specialist and technical skills that represent the wealth of the interiors sector, and as a tool to accompany innovation projects and technological transfer processes of single companies and the entire regional production system.
CSM deals with:
- Strategy projects for the definition of new pathways and curricula for the sector, often carried on in partnership with European clusters specialised in the sector funded under EU calls
- Management of technical and professional training courses funded by Regional Calls with ESF funds
- Structuring of paid training courses on innovation topics
CSM is an ISO 9001 certified training agency CERTIFICATE N. 779 and ACCREDITED TUSCANY REGION pursuant to DGRT 1407 / 2016– with accreditation code n. OF0168
CSM has been operating since 2000 for building European level projects both for companies, single or in groups, and for intermediary organisations (clusters, trade associations, consortia …), activating its expertise for the following activities:
- Identification of the most suitable funding tool (call)
- Thematic scenario definition
- Building international partnerships
- Definition of project proposals
CSM also participates, directly or through the dID cluster, in European calls for the development of training, innovation and internationalization projects.
B(U)Y DESIGN will start 1 March 2022! Follow us, collect all the informations in our web site or on Facebook!
The IFTS DIGI.CRAFT project, funded on the notice of the Tuscany Region for the Higher Technical Education and Training (IFTS) paths in the Mechanical, Chemical- Pharmaceutical, Fashion, ICT, Nautical and Logistics, Tourism and Culture, Paper, Marble in the context of the POR FSE 2014-2020 Axis C Activity C.3.2.1.A., with Centro Sperimentale del Mobile, lead partner,